About the mentoring programme
Rise mentoring is a free, six month programme to support women working in, or aspiring to work in the UK’s broadcast technology sector. The scheme offers a range of benefits for participants, including:
- Being matched with an industry professional and benefiting from 12 hours of one-to-one mentoring contact.
- Monthly mentees group meeting, facilitating peer-to-peer support.
- Access to networking events and workshops.
- Support and guidance from the Rise Programme Director.
The aims of Rise mentoring
The Rise mentoring programme offers women across the broadcast tech sector access to crucial support to help transform their careers. It does this by:
- helping mentees to take control of their careers by identifying career goals – and developing strategies to achieve them;
- giving mentees access to a mentor who can give an impartial ear, feedback and advice;
- improving communication skills;
- expanding networks and making new connections.
The programme is running from May to November 2019. We have already recruited for our 2019 programme, however if you are interested in future mentoring opportunities, sign up as a member to be kept up-to-date with our latest news and announcements.
About our mentees
The 2019 mentoring programme has 23 participating mentees. These women are at all levels of their careers and work across the broadcast manufacturing and services sector, including operations, engineering, sales, marketing and business.
About our mentors
Our mentors are all highly experienced broadcast sector industry leaders, at a variety of levels of seniority. Each has been partnered with a mentee, to offer their expertise, knowledge and guidance.
Contact the Rise Programme Director, Carrie Wootten on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about the programme.
With thanks to our industry partners
Meeting Room Sponsor: