The ScreenSkills Rise Mentoring Programme is open for UK applications
The ScreenSkills Rise Mentoring Programme Rise mentoring is a free, six month programme, starting from September 2021. It will support UK-based women working in, or aspiring to work in the broadcast media technology sector.
Our mentees benefit from a range of support, including:
- Being matched with an industry professional and benefiting from one-to-one mentoring contact.
- Monthly mentees group meeting, facilitating peer-to-peer support.
- Access to networking events and workshops.
- Support and guidance from the Rise Programme Director.
Please note, that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, much of our activity has moved online to keep mentors and mentees connected and supported.
The aims of the ScreenSkills Rise Mentoring Programme
The ScreenSkills Rise Mentoring Programme offers women across the broadcast tech sector in the UK access to crucial support to help transform their careers. It does this by:
- helping mentees to take control of their careers by identifying career goals – and developing strategies to achieve them;
- giving mentees access to a mentor who can give an impartial ear, feedback and advice;
- improving communication skills;
- expanding networks and making new connections.
With thanks to our funders
This programme is supported by ScreenSkills as part of the BFI Future Film Skills programme using funds from the National Lottery. It is an additional UK cohort to our annual Rise Mentoring scheme.
Apply for the ScreenSkills Rise Mentoring Programme
The deadline for applications is 6th August 2021 and is open to UK-based women working in, or aspiring to work in the broadcast media technology sector. Simply fill out the form below to apply. If you have any questions, please contact the Rise Director.
As a condition of accepting a place on this programme, all Mentees will need to create a ScreenSkills Profile as part of the commitment to being involved in the programme and they will also be sent a tracking survey by ScreenSkills once the programme has finished and 6 months after too.