About the Rise Mentoring Programme
Rise mentoring is a free, six month programme to support women working in, or aspiring to work in the broadcast technology sector in the UK and Singapore.
Our mentees benefit from a range of support, including:
- Being matched with an industry professional and benefiting from 12 hours of one-to-one mentoring contact.
- Monthly mentees group meeting, facilitating peer-to-peer support.
- Access to networking events and workshops.
- Support and guidance from the Rise Programme Director.
Please note, that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, much of our activity has moved online to keep mentors and mentees connected and supported.
Partnership with SVG Europe Women
This year, Sports Video Group (SVG) Europe Women, a powerful network of women working in the sports media arena made up of members from across TV sports broadcasting, production, distribution and technology, joins as an industry partner. The initiative is supporting two women in the programme; Sarah McLaughlin and Hannah Webster. SVG Europe Women will offer those women specific sports industry advice, sessions, events and additional guidance.
“It is great to be involved in a mentoring scheme that is able to give guidance and inspiration to so many women today. SVG Europe Women is happy to be part of this, and we will look to support our sponsored mentors and mentees throughout the scheme, and beyond.”Heather McLean, Head of SVG Europe Women and Editor at SVG Europe
Meet our mentees
In 2020, the Rise mentoring programme is supporting a record 30 women across the broadcast manufacturing and services sector. This year the programme goes international, as we have mentees based in Singapore, in addition to the UK.
The aims of Rise Mentoring
The Rise mentoring programme offers women across the broadcast tech sector access to crucial support to help transform their careers. It does this by:
- helping mentees to take control of their careers by identifying career goals – and developing strategies to achieve them;
- giving mentees access to a mentor who can give an impartial ear, feedback and advice;
- improving communication skills;
- expanding networks and making new connections.
Applying for the Rise Mentoring programme
The Rise mentoring programme in the UK and Singapore is now closed for applications for 2020. Recruitment usually starts in January each year, so watch this space for 2021!
We’d like to thank everyone who applied for the programme – we’ve been overwhelmed by the response.
Contact the Rise Programme Director, Carrie Wootten on email@example.com with any queries about the programme.
With thanks to our industry partners