Rise mentoring has now closed for applications
About the Rise Mentoring Programme
Rise mentoring is a free, six month programme, running from May-November 2021. It supports women working in, or aspiring to work in the broadcast media technology sector.
Applications are welcome from women who are working full time, part time or freelance and of any age group above the age of 18. Past mentees have come from a variety of job roles, including engineering, technical operations, sales, marketing and business development.
Our mentees benefit from a range of support, including:
- Being matched with an industry professional and benefiting from one-to-one mentoring contact.
- Monthly mentees group meeting, facilitating peer-to-peer support.
- Access to networking events and workshops.
- Support and guidance from the Rise Programme Director.
Please note, that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, much of our activity has moved online to keep mentors and mentees connected and supported.
The aims of Rise Mentoring
The Rise mentoring programme offers women across the broadcast tech sector access to crucial support to help transform their careers. It does this by:
- helping mentees to take control of their careers by identifying career goals – and developing strategies to achieve them;
- giving mentees access to a mentor who can give an impartial ear, feedback and advice;
- improving communication skills;
- expanding networks and making new connections.
Applying for the Rise Mentoring programme
The Rise mentoring programme closed for applications on 9 April 2021. If you applied, you will be hearing from us soon to let you know if you have made it through to the next selection stage.
Contact the Rise Mentoring Programme Manager, Nic Kemp, on email@example.com with any queries about the programme.