Rise North America’s co-chairs, Meghan Ross and Serena Harris share more about the inspirational women who will be helping to drive Rise’s work in the USA and Canada.
“2020 was quite a year. We all experienced quite the rollercoaster of emotions.
Except this rollercoaster had gone off the tracks, lost electricity, stalled while you were upside down in a loop, got hit by a spontaneous hurricane and then had its brakes go out. THIS was the rollercoaster of 2020!
Yet… we are still here. And we’re excited about the possibilities 2021 might bring.
One positive note that came out of 2020 is that we had the absolute honor of kicking off Rise in North America. We had both long heard of Rise and the great program it was running, so when we had the opportunity to launch Rise in North America – we jumped right in.
We have been busy planning and laying out some of the initiatives we hope to launch throughout the year. We had our first “In Conversation With…”, featuring Sandy Nasseri who went on to win the Woman of the Year Rise Award.
Over the past few months, we have also been pulling together our advisory board. All of us coming together to leverage our experience and networks to help bring about great change here in North America.
We are thrilled to introduce them here:
- Nicole M Adams | Director, Corporate Development | Black News Channel
- Zoë Borys | VP & General Manager | Panavision
- Katie Fellion | Head of Business Development & Workflow Strategy | Light Iron
- Kathy-Anne McManus | Chief Customer Experience Officer (CCXO) & SVP, Global Customer Solutions and Services | Avid
- Sandy Nasseri | CEO & Founder | MelroseINC
- Christine Purse | Founder & Managing Director | ignite strategic communications
We are grateful that each of theses amazing women have agreed to work together to help bring about much needed change.
We are appreciative to all of you that are helping grow our presence here in North America. We welcome your support and participation, from our male supporters too! If you have any ideas or suggestions, we’d love to hear them and encourage you to reach out to us.
Cheers to a great 2021!”