The Rise mentoring programme in the UK is now closed for applications for 2020.
Rise Mentoring Programme in the UK: next steps
We’d like to thank everyone who applied for the programme – we’ve been overwhelmed by the response.
Please note, that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have made necessary changes to the programme, to adhere to Government guidelines and to ensure that your health and wellbeing is paramount. This means that we will moving activity online and harnessing technology to keep mentors and mentees connected and supported.
Key dates include:
- 4 May: Interview day
- 6 May: Successful applicants notified
- 11 May: Six-month programme begins
What to expect from the Rise Mentoring Programme
The Rise mentoring programme is a free, six month programme to support women working in, or aspiring to work in the broadcast technology sector across the UK.
If you are successful in applying for this award winning scheme, you will benefit from a rang of support, including:
- Being matched with an industry professional and benefiting from 12 hours of one-to-one mentoring contact.
- Monthly mentees group meeting, facilitating peer-to-peer support.
- Access to networking events and workshops.
- Support and guidance from the Rise Programme Director.
The aims of Rise Mentoring
The Rise mentoring programme offers women across the broadcast tech sector access to crucial support to help transform their careers. It does this by:
- helping mentees to take control of their careers by identifying career goals – and developing strategies to achieve them;
- giving mentees access to a mentor who can give an impartial ear, feedback and advice;
- improving communication skills;
- expanding networks and making new connections.
Contact the Rise Programme Director, Carrie Wootten on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about the programme.
With thanks to our industry partners