23 May 2019 | Press release
Rise, the advocate group for gender diversity within the broadcast manufacturing and services sector, today announced the pairing up of mentees and mentors for its annual mentoring scheme.
The 2019 programme sees a wealth of experienced broadcast sector industry leaders, at a variety of levels of seniority, offer their expertise, knowledge and guidance to 23 women. The scheme is made possible due to sponsorship from Avid, Bubble Agency, Clear-Com, DPP, Imagen, NEP, Deluxe, Pixelogic and Sky.
Carrie Wootten, Director of Rise, said: “I am truly thrilled to see the amount of growth that has happened since we launched Rise in late 2017. Not only have we seen an increase in our applications this year by over 50%, but in March we received recognition with a National Women’s Mentoring Award for the 2018 programme. For this year’s scheme, we have chosen 23 brilliant and talented women and are looking forward to supporting them through the experience as they gain knowledge and inspiration.”
Each pairing will involve 12 hours of one-to-one time with their mentor, the opportunity to meet the mentee group on a monthly basis, as well as attend networking events, workshops, and seminars throughout the six-month programme. The diverse group of mentees, from all around the UK, were chosen from over 60 applications.
Wootten added: “I would like to thank our incredible sponsors, partners, and of course, the mentors, for all of their continued support of Rise and enabling us to bring the scheme to more women in the industry.”
- Adrian Bull,CEO of CineLab London, will mentor Megan Johnston, Facilities Director at Silverglade Post Production.
- Tom Rockhill,Chief Sales Officer at disguise, will mentor Leanne Cole, Demo Kit Sales Specialist, Holdan Ltd.
- Anna Lockwood,Head of Global Sales at Telstra Broadcast Services will mentor Zoe Job, Media & Entertainment Business Manager at Jigsaw24.
- John Ive, Director, Producer, and Video/Audio Specialist at IveTech Media and IABM will mentor Aneta Aniszewska, Design Engineer Associate at Sky.
- Kate Wendelboe, Director of Media & Broadcast at BT will mentor Stefania Popescu, Systems Engineer at Sky.
- Lisa Collins, Head of Marketing for IABM, will mentor Lizzie Lawrence, PR & Marketing Manager at M2A Media.
- Vicky Holden, Managing Director of ProCam projects, will mentor Kelly Taylor, Studio Technical Operator at BBC.
- Claire Harvey, Account Director at RedBee Media, will mentor Elisabeth Wetchy, Senior Customer Support Engineer at Foundry.
- Katie College, Senior Communications Manager-EMEA for Blackmagic Design, will mentor Victoria Stockdale, Marketing and Communications Assistant for EMEA at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
- Anne-Louise Buick, Vice President of Global Field and Channel Marketing at Avid will mentor Amy Swallow, Account Manager at Bubble Agency.
- Natascha Cadle, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Envy Post Production, will mentor Natasha Larkin, Bookings Manager at Picture Canning.
- Lisa Lavender, Business Consultant at Lisa Lavender Ltd, will mentor Tanya Rai, Project Manager at Sundog Media Toolkit.
- Morwen Williams, Head of UK Operations at BBC, will mentor Roberta Cambio, Senior Account Director at Brightcove.
- Lesley Marr, Operations Director at Molinare TV & Film Ltd will mentor Markela Deverikou, Guarantee Vision Engineer at NEP.
- Nicki Fisher, EMEA Sales Director at Clear-Com, will mentor Amy Brennan, Technical Sales Coordinator at Calrec Audio.
- Catriona Tate, Business Development Director at Simplestream Ltd will mentor Natasha Drew, Business Management Degree Apprentice at BT.
- Viviane Paxinos, Media and Advertising Leader will mentor Lisa Jarman, Business Analyst from Sky.
- Carla Trancoso-O’Reilly, Director of International Strategy & Planning at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, will mentor Charlotte Wearden, Marketing and PR Manager at Timeline Television.
- Jane Kassimatis, Head of EMEA Finance from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, will mentor Jessica Dahan, Head of Growth at Imagen Ltd.
- Sadie Groom, Managing Director at Bubble Agency, will mentor Lauren Myers, Marketing Coordinator for EMEA at Ross Video.
- Helen Stevens, Operations Officer for Content Supply and Distribution, will mentor Lila Lopez, Project Manager at Vubiquity.
- Julie Parmenter, Managing Director at Molinare TV & Film Ltd will mentor Shannon Haddock, Technical Media Coordinator at Evoke Films.
- Marina Kalkanis, CEO at M2A Media Ltd will mentor Stephanie Wheeler, Key Account Manager at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
Find out more about each of the:
Membership to Rise is free and details are available here: http://risewib.com/
Amisa Saari, Bubble Agency | T: +44 (0) 203 137 1051 M: +44 (0) 7718 985232 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org