Website Timeline Television Ltd
Timeline Television Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team at our remote production and studio centre in West London, home to 6 production control rooms, 3 physical and virtual studios and 17 edit suites with both regular managed service and ad hoc production clients.
The engineer is expected to be a customer-friendly representative supporting the core broadcast systems at Ealing Broadcast Centre. You will bring your strong knowledge of video routers, control systems, video codecs, IT and network infrastructure to be support both our managed service clients and ad hoc production work.
You will be working a 7/14 shift pattern, working 7 12 hour shifts every fortnight.
· Provide customer facing technical support and guidance, at times being the most senior member of Timeline technical staff on site
· Ensure that any technical faults encountered are either resolved or suitable workarounds put in place to minimise disruption to operations
· Install and reconfigure equipment as and when required dependent on operational requirements
· Assist the project team in the design and development of new systems and facilities at the Ealing Broadcast Centre
· Ensure that the customer experience at the EBC is unrivalled during the planning process and on the day of the production
· As an ambassador, you will champion Timeline as a first-class destination for production companies and broadcasters
· Maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business, liaising both with teams at Ealing and in other business departments
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Broadcast engineering experience in either a Studio facility or Outside Broadcast environment
· Extensive problem solving and fault-finding skills on a range of equipment both while in active service and at the bench
· Knowledge of broadcast wiring standards and installation
· Knowledge of broadcast control systems in particular the EVS Cerebrum Control system
· Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of glue and router systems including: both traditional SDI routers, Hybrid/De-embedding matrixes, and IP systems
· Knowledge and experience of IT and Networking in relation to the broadcast environment
· Ability to deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders, and at all levels. Able to remain calm under pressure and to react tactfully to unusual requests from clients
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic; able to prioritize a complex workload and meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a collaborative team
Any of the following will also be highly regarded:
· Experience of supporting studio equipment including camera channels, remote radio / Steadicam equipment, VR and prompter systems
· Experience of supporting vision mixers in particular the Grass Valley Kahuna and Kahuna range
· Experience of supporting sound and communications infrastructure, in particular the Riedel intercom system
· Knowledge and experience of supporting file-based workflow equipment to include EVS XT/XS video servers, EVS IP Director and associated equipment
· Knowledge and experience of supporting IP and ASI based video codecs
· An understanding of technical power, cooling and fire systems to be able to initially investigate and escalate issues as appropriate
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
· Private health care
· Medical cash benefits
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Travel insurance
· Gym Membership
Please provide us with a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to outline your experience and salary expectations.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.timeline.tv.