Website Timeline Television Ltd
Timeline Television Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team at our remote production and studio centre in West London, home to 9 production control rooms, 3 physical and virtual studios and 17 edit suites. In this senior role, you will manage technical teams that plan and deliver studio, gallery and remote productions to a high level of technical complexity for some of the UK’s most-watched television channels and shows.
This is the perfect role for a natural team leader who has a passion for sports broadcasting and television entertainment. You will be responsible for planning, organising and delivering studio and gallery productions at the Ealing Broadcast Centre. In addition to your technical skills, you will be a great communicator who can quickly build relationships with our clients.
· Through your understanding of studio production and broadcast technology you will provide technical solutions that meet the needs of each project, with opportunities to constantly develop your own technical knowledge (UHD, 4K, HDR, IP, AR/VR etc)
· Collaborate with our engineering teams to ensure that projects are delivered successfully, and any technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Deliver to the highest standards, with due consideration for the budget available, promoting innovation and cost-effective technical solutions where they exist
· Working with the technical operations manager to achieve commercial goals and revenue targets. Responsibilities will include the preparation of studio quotes, cost management, invoice preparation, and the accurate reconciliation of any projects under your control
· Ensure that the customer experience at the EBC is unrivalled during the planning process and on the day of the production.
· As an ambassador, you will champion Timeline as a first-class destination for production companies and broadcasters
· Collaborating with operations managers in all aspects of planning (technical, facilities, operational and commercial). Advise on the best deployment of resources and be a key point of contact for departments across the organisation
· Maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business
· The role will require weekend and out of hours working in line with production timings
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· A proven track record of successful technical delivery, ideally in the role of Studio Manager, Technical Manager, Unit Manager, or a similar position
· Significant interest in broadcast systems, equipment and technology (cameras, sound, vision, AR/VR, lighting, graphics, EVS), remote and studio-based production workflows, post-production and file-based media
· Excellent organisational skills, able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
· Strong technical planning skills, comfortable with the detail of technical specifications
· A strong communicator who can influence others. Able to deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders, and at all levels
· A proven customer-focused approach that generates repeat business; able to remain calm under pressure and to react tactfully to unusual requests from production clients
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic; able to prioritize a complex workload and meet deadlines individually, and as part of a collaborative team
· Some knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation, policies and standards: Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA), Risk Assessments, COSSH, Working at Height, Electricity at Work, Noise, Young People, Manual Handling of Work Equipment
· Able to resolve conflicts and supervise a multifunctional team of staff and contractors in a ‘live’ production environment
· Ideally some commercial experience: able to write commercial quotes, negotiating fair value from suppliers, track costs, prepare an invoice, and deliver a project to an agreed production budget
· Experience of working with Xytech, or a similar scheduling system
· An interest in sports broadcasting or television entertainment
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
· Private health care
· Medical cash benefits
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Travel insurance
Please provide us with a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to outline your experience and salary expectations.
To apply for this job please visit www.timeline.tv.