Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our global Technical Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
- Working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues.
- Provide escalated technical and triage support for other team members.
- Actively contributing to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions.
- Work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements.
- Be a part of a global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Korea, and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Java; experience in Android development is a plus
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications and mobile SDK development or testing
- Familiarity and working knowledge of RESTful API use, data collection tools, developer support experience
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Objective C/Swift, PHP, BASH, etc.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and diagnose ad integrations issues highly desired
- Working knowledge of video ad serving technologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, etc) highly desired
- Working knowledge of ad/video analytics platforms (Omniture, MOAT, etc.) highly desired
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and while we are currently remote due to Covid-19, this role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests. While you won’t get to experience the in-office culture immediately, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightcove.com.