MOOV is one of the UK’s biggest broadcast graphics companies, working alongside companies like BT Sport, BBC and ITV on a range of sporting, live entertainment and news shows.
MOOV are looking to hear from developers that have a passion for creating high performance applications, that have experience and ideas to bring to the team as well a desire to grow and take their skills to a new level on live television productions.
Our developers are expected to work across all stages of the development process from concept to completion, as such, our developers are experienced in in a wide range of principles from data design and backend development to UI and UX design & implementation driven by the team’s development principles.
With our software being used across live television productions for some of the biggest events in sport, attention to detail and accuracy in everything we do is critical.
If you have a passion for sport and want to mix that your love of data and software development, then this is an incredible opportunity to join our growing team at MOOV.
Software Development at MOOV
The software development team is responsible for designing and building bespoke software and data systems to support and enable live graphics productions for our customers.
This could involve building large data processing and storage systems and live graphics control systems for ongoing sports to new software systems for single sporting events.
We are a growing team that supports a number of areas within MOOV with a focus on software development, but we also provide technical support for IT hardware and infrastructure at our offices and on-site at events.
- Support the systems and products installed with our existing customers.
- Ensure the ongoing stability of our existing products and systems.
- Work closely with our design and operational teams to scope and produce software to their requirements.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sports and productions that we are supporting with software development.
- Be proactive in debugging and resolving issues.
- Work effectively on your own as well as collaborating with other members of the development team.
- Provide training on new features and systems to operational staff.
- Balance urgency with the need for accuracy and communicate this process to colleagues .
- Work efficiently across a number of projects simultaneously.
- Communicate accurate timeframes for upcoming work and communicate progress effectively with project leads.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to integrate data and services using their APIs or other delivery methods.
- Excellent communication to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superb problem solving in a rapid turnaround environment.
- Creative and innovative approach to development.
- Able to pick up new concepts and techniques quickly to use and build upon.
Key Technical Skills
- C# in a desktop application development environment. (must be able to demonstrate and discuss significant contributions made to previous projects in this area)
- MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server database development. (must be able to demonstrate and discuss significant contribution to a previous project in this area)
- WPF UI design and implementation.
- Experience debugging/troubleshooting and providing support for software services.
- Working with and extending features in existing code bases.
- Unreal Engine. (plugin development, engine code development etc)
- Hardware and networking installation and setup. (primarily for Windows based systems)
- Evening and weekend work will be required at times to support our ongoing projects. Some home working is possible but due to the nature of our projects, working from our offices in the Olympic Park, Stratford will also be required.
Salary negotiable & dependent on experience.
If you think you’re the right candidate to join our team, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter telling us what you can bring to our team, why you’d be a great fit for MOOV and answering the following questions:
- What do you consider to be your personal guiding principle for your software development?
- What’s the most important thing to consider when building software for a specific scenario?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com