Website Sky UK
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Innovation isn’t one single spark, it’s a passion for relentless pushing to understand our place in tomorrow’s media and its connection to the audience” – Tom Des Jardins, Director Innovation and AI
What you’ll do:
• You will be involved with pretty much everything to do with content ingest, processing and distribution in the context of ML-based video analysis and services and products this analysis fuels.
• You’ll play a part in all topics associated with that – architecture, design, implementation, strategy, vendor management, support, incidents investigation, the whole lot.
• There will be a lot of collaborating closely with internal teams within Sky Europe and external ones, particularly the Comcast AI team.
• Everything we do is in AWS with integration points with the on-prems sources (both linear and VOD), so you will live in both worlds, but cloud is the default world.
What you’ll bring:
• 1-2 years experience in a technical engineering role, ideally within Broadcast Media sector
• Cloud experience is ideal, but if you don’t have it – no worries! As long as you have a solid understanding of on-prem infrastructure or cloud concepts, and as long as you want to immerse yourself into the world of Cloud
• A desire to immerse yourself in the world of video engineering – formats, codecs, protocols for media processing and distribution
• Keen to play a part in designing and supporting live media systems/services within the Cloud
• You’ll need to adapt quickly and juggle multiple things at a time
• Need to be a self-motivated, reliable, and curious individual
Innovation & AI: The Innovation and AI team’s mission is to differentiate the Sky experience by making it more personal, more interactive, and more engaging than ever before. As part of our ever-growing team, you will have an awesome opportunity to join a speedboat environment and enable new ways for our customers to discover and enjoy the amazing content that Sky offers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sky.com.