Sky - Sky Sports
Senior Manager, Studios – Sky Sports
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within the Studios Management team. This team is responsible for defining the direction of Production Studios and have responsibility for technical facilities and permanent/freelance operational and planning teams.
The role of the Senior Manager, Studios is to lead large teams of Operational crews in the delivery of Studio and OB functions.
Working closely with the Director of Studios, Heads of Operations, and other Senior Managers in Studios, this is a key role that will ensure that Studios teams maintain, develop, and elevate operational standards, remaining at the top of the industry.
This role line-manages the Managers of Studio crafts and holds responsibility for ensuring we have appropriate supply of operational crew, facilities, and resources to deliver against requirements.
The Senior Manager will be a strong leader of people, who can inspire, motivate, and engage their teams, with the ability to take responsibility and translate high-level principles into tangible actions.
You will have accountability against Studios important metrics and have P&L responsibility for staff and freelance crews, balancing business functions whilst working to create a progressive and inclusive culture.
Setting Clear Direction & Leadership:
- Setting relevant and appropriate critical metrics for your teams, ensuring that these targets are met.
- Using consistent and clear communication to ensure your people are engaged, have clear goals and objectives.
- Influence the behaviour of others through leading by example, whilst delivering an elite service to our customers and demonstrating core Sky Leadership Values.
- Raise performance by supporting and challenging the ‘status quo’, building a fair and consistent performance and development culture across your areas of responsibility.
- Engage, motivate, and empower our people (who are working across multiple locations and a variety of shifts, 24 hours, 365 days a year).
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion in culture and representation.
- Develop an environment where people are treated with integrity and respect. Where they can be themselves and their contribution is recognised and valued, and where flexibility & innovation is encouraged.
Production & Supply Planning:
- Maintain an overview of Studios Productions and relevant crewing requirements for your teams.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Resources & Planning and your direct reports to ensure we have the best mix of crews at our disposal to deliver against agreed demand.
- Instil a culture of effective Production Planning and Review, supporting Studio Managers in the smooth delivery of productions.
- Deliver Studios critical metrics by ensuring best practice in delivery and implementing initiatives aligned to Studios/Sky Sports strategy.
- Accountability for the P&L for crews (staff & FL) in your areas.
- Responsibility for salary management for your area, using Sky budgetary tools to lead and reinforce an ethic of meritocracy.
Training & Development:
- Lead strategic and engagement practices.
- Drive and lead a comprehensive training & development plan for your crafts to ensure we are ready to deal with changing demand, technology, and workflows.
- Ensure there is clarity and clear lines of progression for our crews and appropriate, relevant layers within each craft.
Technology & Facilities:
- Drive all crafts to maintain the highest standards in ‘Housekeeping’ practices, ensuring accountability and respect for our technical equipment and facilities.
- Work with the Head of Studios Operations to identify technical investment opportunities and manage ongoing expenditure.
- PDP Objective Setting (both individual and Team Objectives), aligning with wider Studios plan.
- Ensure compliance with Sky’s Health & Safety regulations and policies.
- Devise and coordinate communication initiatives for your teams, ensuring effective, relevant, and timely information is shared.
- People Survey Actions – Own and drive initiatives for improvement, with clarity on the key action plan. .
- Undertake HR Case Management (Hearings) as required.
- Be responsible for effective, recruitment processes with your managers, ensuring Diversity and Inclusion are considered amongst priorities.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of leading managers & teams in a high-pressure environment, preferably in Broadcast Production.
- The energy to thrive in a constantly evolving work environment, demonstrating a desire and proficiency in being able to inspire change and improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Awareness of relevant operational crafts in live television production
You will be:
- A Leader. Resilient, adaptable, and able to influence and empower your team.
- Able to prioritise and ensure workloads are met efficiently and proactively.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- Able to build strong relationships within your team & across departments.
- Hardworking and demonstrates initiative, whilst working independently, delivering accurate results.
- Passionate about supporting and developing people
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com