We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
The Content System Engineering team is at the forefront of the latest content management and content processing systems. We are very passionate about what we do and have a great opportunity to hire a 24/7 shift-based Content Systems Support Engineer who will be able to resolve incidents to ensure our systems are operating as efficiently as possible!
What you’ll do
- 24/7 support of the content processing systems ensuring platform stability.
- Understand platform performance with goal to predict and prevent problems.
- Investigate and resolve incidents ensuring we meet customers high expectations, and service availability targets.
- Collaborate with system specialists and operational staff to support a wide range of systems, workflows, and projects.
- Be a great teammate with the ability to work well in a globally distributed environment.
What you’ll bring
- Effective problem-solving, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good understanding of broadcast technologies
- Understanding of content management and MAM systems.
- Desirable, awareness AWS infrastructure & services
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content!
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you’ll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’d love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.