Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Display Engineer will be a key player in realising Sky’s vision of delivering the best Glass to Glass content experience on the planet. A place where our customers can effortlessly access the best entertainment at the highest quality.
What you’ll do:
- Collaboration – Learn from and engage collaboratively with multi-disciplinary and cross-territory teams. Including, but not limited to, R+D, Hardware and Software Engineering, Project Management, Materials, Supply Chain, Product Delivery and a variety of Broadcast Engineering teams across Sky, Comcast and NBCU.
- Strategic – Help drive clear, innovative roadmaps for our display products, by working on the technical analysis required to set long term goals and industry leading vision. Continually develop your knowledge of advances in technology, in order to enable our team to maximise on upcoming developments and deliver on our promises.
- Continuous improvement – Support the engineering and future development of real time monitoring of TV content and objective and subjective quality at viewer end points.
- Delivery – Support the identification and implementation of ongoing PQ improvements through detailed analysis and tuning and deliver iterative improvement utilising agile software delivery methods as part of our daily standups and high cadence deployment cycle.
What you’ll bring:
Complementary graduate level expertise in one of the following fields:
- Broadcast/Content Engineering
- Colour/Image Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Or strong experience within a relevant Engineering area, work multi-disciplined technical teams.
- Motivation to develop new knowledge across a wide range of disciplines – from image and display engineering, through to automated testing and hardware assessment. With a passion for delivering excellent looking, innovative, immersive TV to the customer
- Strong attention to detail, with motivation to follow and develop objectively sound test and analysis methodology, in order to provide technically meaningful conclusions to the wider business
- Motivation and capability to understand complex systems and product architectures, and to reverse engineer unfamiliar technical problems, based on self-driven problem solving/knowledge expansion
We’re the Product Hub. We’re the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can’t wait to get started on what’s next.
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sky.com.