Are you are interested in working in a global company that inspires you and encourages your creativity?
Sony is seeking a Senior Bid and Project Manager to join our European Professional Engineering team. Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, you’ll be responsible for high- profile bids and projects. This is a hybrid role with responsibility for both bid and project management, working with a high level of autonomy.
Leading from the front, you will draw on commercial, stakeholder management, and technical expertise to drive the submission of winning bids for major pipeline prospects whilst also acting as a role model in coaching teams in the adoption of best practices on smaller opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Support Sony’s account team during presales to promote Sony solutions and qualify customer opportunities.
- Manage the preparation and timely production of compelling commercial proposals for presentation to Sony customers (direct end-users and integrators)
- Project manage the delivery of customer projects within the committed timescale, quality standards, and cost
- Support the Bid Management Team with expert contributions to bids including project planning, Services Estimates, Risks & issues analysis, etc.
- Ensure customers’ expectations are managed throughout the engagement lifecycle such that our reputation is enhanced in the marketplace
- Complete customer bids and projects, meeting customer requirements and within schedule.
Support the Sony account team during pre-sales consultancy to support with qualification and relationship build to carry opportunities through to the bid stage.
- Prepare and manage detailed bid plans, including key activities and key milestones, with due dates for deliverables from contributors and QA dates.
- Provide leadership and supervision of multi-disciplined bid and project teams including internal resources and third-party suppliers.
- Lead regular bid and project team meetings, to review and update progress vs planned, maintain planning, actions, risks, and issues.
- Set up and maintain bid and project documentation in SharePoint
- Maintain opportunity bid and project status and trigger approval requests in Salesforce and provide concise and accurate project reporting to internal and customer project boards.
- Attend customer meetings as required, sometimes including travel to customer site.
- Handover of awarded bids to the project team and sales office.
- Handover of completed projects to customers and Sony support team.
- Support the development of junior team members with regular coaching, training, and on-the-job learning opportunities
- You will be able to travel within Europe and occasionally globally
You will bring:
- First or Upper Second Engineering Degree in Broadcast Technology, Computer Science, Software, Electronics, or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in successfully winning bids and delivering projects, preferably in Broadcast Media or related business sectors
- Experience in successfully delivering projects
- PC literate with excellent documentation and presentation skills. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Commercial business experience, contracts, preparation of costings including P&L
- APMP Bid Management Practitioner, or equivalent
- Prince 2 / Agile Practitioner, MSP Practitioner, or equivalent
- Fluent in English verbal & written
- Preferably fluent in a second European language (though not essential)
- A team player that integrates with new team members and creates a positive and efficient work environment with team spirit and mutual respect
If that’s you, you’ll be part of a dedicated and very experienced team, and you can look forward to the prospect of developing your career across other areas of the business.
Your new office in Basingstoke
Based at the Basingstoke office, you will enjoy a vibrant and friendly working environment with full accessibility. We have an onsite canteen with a wide range of options available, and a barista-style coffee shop. There is a well-provisioned onsite gym run by our own Sony Wellbeing Coordinator, with classes on set days in the mornings, at lunch and after work hours. We have a staff car park which includes electric charging points, or if you will use public transport we have a shuttle bus service that regularly runs between train station and the office at peak times.
Life at Sony
We ensure competitive salaries and benefits by using established benchmarking. We encourage healthy work-life balance supported by hybrid and flexible working policies. We are a positive community who dream big together, respect each other, and enjoy a collaborative culture.
We like to celebrate our colleagues who make a real difference using our recognition platform. We also provide access to numerous services and platforms for all aspects of wellbeing. We listen to our people through conversations and surveys, respect their suggestions, then act on them. We also provide allowances for volunteering days so that our staff can support the causes they are most passionate about.
You can build your career around you with our fantastic range of learning & personal development programs to enhance your skills. We also encourage our staff to try exciting new roles, in a wide range of countries, with a supportive mobility team to support you if you take that leap!
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We are passionate about creating a culture that promotes equity and cultivates inclusion, diversity, and belonging. We want employees with diverse backgrounds and perspectives that will stimulate innovation and have a direct impact on our creation of social value to fulfil Sony’s purpose – ‘to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology’. We want you to bring your unique self to work and help shape our culture.
We are Sony Europe.
Our people collaborate in an environment of respect, integrity, and open-mindedness. Diverse teams from all over Europe are the driving force for our business, and we embrace the differences that make each of us original and unique.
With offices in 28 European countries, Sony Europe caters to consumer, professional, semiconductor and healthcare markets with innovative electronics products and solutions. Our European laboratories research and develop new technologies and capabilities that contributes to the Sony Group and important issues on a planetary scale.
Bring your passion, creativity and ambitions to Sony Europe. Apply now, and let’s create the future together.
To apply for this job please visit sonyglobal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.