Website SDVI Corporation
SDVI is excited to expand its engineering leadership team with the addition of an Engineering Manager. You will join a growing team in shepherding SDVI’s engineering operations across front end, back end, test, support, and devops functions.
Why You’re a Great Fit for this Role
- You thrive leveraging individual strengths to build diverse teams.
- You’re ready for the challenge of leading a medium- to large-size (10+) group of engineers.
- You cultivate professional growth by listening, highlighting awesomeness, and providing timely and honest feedback.
- You are passionate about helping the team be successful, bringing a critical eye to existing processes and adjusting those processes as needed.
- You’re ready to help recruit diverse and highly skilled team members, and are passionate about finding people who are the right overall fit for your team.
- Taking care of customers is in your DNA. You’re excited to help coordinate our support and deployment efforts and ensure our engineering team is responsive to customer needs.
What You’ll Do
- Help define and defend SDVI’s engineering culture.
- Coach the engineering team for success, helping build strong habits and stronger relationships.
- Build relationships with the engineers in your charge, ensuring they have what they need to be successful, encouraging them to achieve their full potential, and watching out for over-commitment and burnout.
- Ensure the engineering team stays focused on well-considered solutions at a sustainable pace.
- Participate in the bulk of the recruitment process, including resume and phone screening, scheduling and participating in technical interviews, and interfacing with technical recruiters outside the company.
- Work with engineering team leadership to:Define how the engineering team organizes itself as it grows to 20 members and beyond.
- Develop the engineering team’s approach to project management, and help in building those skills within the team.
- Define how engineering management coordinates operational activities between customers and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate discussions between team members, with the whole team, and cross-functionally where such discussions will add value.
- Occasional travel and off-hours support may be required, but are not core to this role.
We’re Interested in You Because
- You have experience leading a software development team through a full life cycle of multiple projects.
- You have a passion for learning, are interested in growing, and are willing to adapt and change your perspective when collaborating with teammates who bring differing views, opinions, and perspectives.
- You are self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- You have practical experience developing software, balancing quality with timely delivery.
- You are excited at the possibility of remote work, comfortable collaborating via tools like Zoom, Slack, and Trello.
You Should Be Interested in SDVI Because:
Working for a fast-growing and established, yet young company, you’ll be working with our customers who are some of the biggest names in media and entertainment. They rely on our platform to prepare and deliver their content to millions of people.
SDVI is a dynamic company that holds a leading position in its market, is growing rapidly, and has a blue-chip roster of current customers. In addition, SDVI is backed by well-respected media companies, including Warner Bros. Discovery, Fox, and Sky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical, vision, dental, and stock options in a stimulating and rewarding distributed work environment.
SDVI is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity in our workforce. We maintain a courteous work environment that recognizes the dignity and worth of each employee. SDVI respects the individual needs of employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary range $170,000 to $240,000
Salary range represents the expected range for this position and is based on a number of factors, including location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges are US applicable only.
To apply for this job please visit sdvi.com.