Website SDVI Corporation
Industry leader in cloud-based media supply chain management
The Position: Engineering Manager
SDVI is excited to expand its engineering leadership team with the addition of an Engineering Manager. You will join an existing small team in shepherding SDVI’s engineering operations across front end, back end, test, support, and devops functions.
Why You’re a Great Fit for this Role
- You thrive leveraging individual strengths to build diverse teams.
- You’re ready for the challenge of leading a medium- to large-size (10+) group of engineers.
- You cultivate professional growth by listening, highlighting awesomeness, and providing timely and honest feedback.
- You are passionate about helping the team be successful, bringing a critical eye to existing processes and adjusting those processes as needed.
- You’re ready to help recruit diverse and highly skilled team members, and are passionate about finding people who are the right overall fit for your team.
- Taking care of customers is in your DNA. You’re excited to help coordinate our support and deployment efforts and ensure our engineering team is responsive to customer needs.
What You’ll Do
- Help define and defend SDVI’s engineering culture.
- Coach the engineering team for success, helping build strong habits and stronger relationships.
- Build relationships with the engineers in your charge, ensuring they have what they need to be successful, encouraging them to achieve their full potential, and watching out for over-commitment and burnout.
- Ensure the engineering team stays focused on well-considered solutions at a sustainable pace.
- Participate in the bulk of the recruitment process, including resume and phone screening, scheduling and participating in technical interviews, and interfacing with technical recruiters outside the company.
- Work with engineering team leadership to:
- Define how the engineering team organizes itself as it grows to 20 members and beyond.
- Develop the engineering team’s approach to project management, and help in building those skills within the team.
- Define how engineering management coordinates operational activities between customers and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate discussions between team members, with the whole team, and cross-functionally where such discussions will add value.
- Occasional travel and off-hours support may be required, but are not core to this role.
We’re Interested in You Because
- You have experience leading a software development team through a full life cycle of multiple projects.
- You have a passion for learning, are interested in growing, and are willing to adapt and change your perspective when collaborating with teammates who bring differing views, opinions, and perspectives.
- You are self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- You have practical experience developing software, balancing quality with timely delivery.
- You are excited at the possibility of remote work, comfortable collaborating via tools like Zoom, Slack, and Trello.
You Should Be Interested in SDVI Because
SDVI is engaged in an exciting challenge: bringing the benefits of cloud-enabled technology to world-class Media & Entertainment companies. As a cutting-edge SaaS provider for Media & Entertainment, we strive to foster a tight-knit team in pursuit of excellence and have fun along the way. We are a completely distributed company, with staff based around the globe, looking to grow our team of A-level developers. Are you ready to join us?
SDVI is the market leader in its space and, with 100% business growth year-on-year, we’re actively improving on the strength and diversity of our team. We’re partnered with global industry leaders, including Discovery, Fox, Sky, WarnerMedia, and others. Many of these customers are also investors: they truly need the technologies we are developing and work closely with our teams to get it right.
SDVI respects the individual needs of employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org