Website SDVI Corporation
DevOps Software Engineer – SDVI
Do you enjoy working closely with your customers in small teams delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? Do you jump at the opportunity to take on a new challenge? Are you passionate about working shoulder-to-shoulder with your customers? SDVI is looking for Software Engineers to join our DevOps team, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
SDVI’s DevOps team is charged with keeping our customer environments well-provisioned, up-to-date, and operational as they enable television and video streaming to take place around the world. You will also work closely with the rest of Engineering to help design, build, launch, and maintain a whole-system deployment solutions.
Why You’re a Great Fit for This Team:
– You are curious, tenacious, and apt to “go digging” when confronted with a challenge
– You are organized, thorough, and detail-oriented, with impeccable follow-through
– You are confident and competent in Python3 and bash, and savvy at reading and understanding code written in most any other programming language
– You default to collaborating with the other members of your team, valuing building strong relationships with those around you
– You’re self-motivated and driven, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities working with a distributed team
– You think about problems in an analytical and methodical way
What You’ll Do:
– Manage an ever-growing fleet of over 10,000 cloud compute instances serving dozens of customer environments
– Assist with monitoring the health and security of SDVI infrastructure
– Build and expand a deploy automation infrastructure supporting a growing collection of customer environments
– Automate creation of Windows and Linux AMIs to rapidly scale deployments of third-party providers
– Build and maintain tools for other developers to facilitate self-serve development infrastructure improvements
– Occasional travel may be required, but is not core to this role
– Participate in paid after-hours on-call support rotation with other members of Support and DevOps teams
We’re Interested in You Because:
– You are an experienced software professional, familiar with the unique challenges that come with supporting production systems and the responsibility that comes with having keys to the kingdom
– As a software developer at your core, you use your powers for good in supporting production operations
– You are confident building and maintaining system infrastructure in the cloud
– You have experience supporting SaaS platforms, microservice-based systems, and containerized software
– You know how to find your way around a SQL console and can put together basic queries with ease
– You’re equally comfortable configuring Linux and Windows server environments
You Should Be Interested in SDVI Because:
Working for a fast-growing and established, yet young company, you’ll be working with our customers who are some of the biggest names in media and entertainment. They rely on our platform to prepare and deliver their content to millions of people.
SDVI is a dynamic company that holds a leading position in its market, is growing exponentially, and is achieving annual revenues in the millions of dollars. In addition, SDVI is backed by well-respected customers, including Discovery, Fox, Sky, and WarnerMedia.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical, vision, dental, and stock options in a stimulating and rewarding distributed work environment.
SDVI is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity in our workforce. We maintain a courteous work environment that recognizes the dignity and worth of each employee. SDVI respects the individual needs of employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit sdvi.com.