Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about managing video project delivery and can take leadership in interacting with media and enterprise project owners. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills.
The role will consist of business consulting and project management. You will engage with customers to listen to organizational challenges and departmental roles so that you can develop a new business scheme to make the video be deployed into the customer’s business process. And then you will propose operational recommendations to the customer as a solution. You will hand over the technical design to following delivery engineers, and manage the project to realize the solution.
You will be also asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems.
- Take full responsibility for the assigned project delivery including gathering business requirements, suggesting new business processes to integrate video into the customer organization, managing project delivery resources.
- Help customers shape and execute the business strategies.
- Work with customers to understand their specific needs and translate internally into project delivery engineers.
- Design business processes how the customer utilizes Brightcove technology.
- Work with senior leadership at the customer and within Brightcove to make sure the customer needs are met.
- Engage with the decision makers to make the necessary changes happen at the customer side.
- Continuously develop relationships at the “implementation” level within each customer relationship.
- Work closely with the Brightcove Global Services team to deliver defined projects.
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers.
- Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts.
- Talk at the public events regarding the various business needs of video.
- Travel when necessary to meet customers – must be willing to be on the road often.
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation role.
- 2+ years experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to present to business and technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly.
- An ability to listen to customer needs, assess these needs effectively and address them through new product and service offerings.
- A proven track record of project management.
- Experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Java, etc.) strongly preferred
- Experience with estimating the size of projects (man-month, cost, project period)
- Understanding of SOW or, contracting process of project definition.
- Any experience with native mobile app development is a plus.
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience developing technical solutions.
- Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions preferred.
- Experience in streaming media or video space preferred.
- These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you’ve never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
- Native Japanese fluency is required, fluency in English would also be a plus
- This role does involve travel, up to 30%
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We offer flexible options to work in our Tokyo office, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). If you choose to work in the office, our Tokyo office is located at PMO Tamachi 9th floor, 5-31-17 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014, within a 3 minute walking distance from JR TAMACHI station and Toei Mita/Asakusa line MITA station. Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightcove.com.