Job title: Multi-Skilled Operator (MSO) x 2
Department: Broadcast Operations
Line Manager: Broadcast Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Job classification: Permanent
Hours of work:
Working a shift pattern rotation to add up to 160 hours per month. Evenings, weekends, and bank holidays are an integral part of the shift system
Location: Ealing Studios
Key Interactions: Production team both on and off course
Racecourse Media Group is the umbrella organisation for those 34 racecourses which hold an interest in Racing TV (Sky 426, Virgin 536, and 411), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service), and Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data). Racing TV and Racing TV International also broadcast racing from all 26 Irish racecourses.
An opportunity to work for the leading horse racing media rights organisation, as part of the production team providing break cover to the main gallery teams at their broadcast facility in Ealing, West London. In this role, you will manage the operation of the Audio, EVS and Graphics (Chyron) systems within a live playout environment. You will be responsible for the preparation and playout of live graphics, ingest and playout of video replays and mix live sound from various sources ensuring all audio feeds are suitable for broadcast. You will also provide support to the Director / Vision Mixer by assisting with studio floor management.
- Prepare and playout live graphics using Chyron and Racebuilder applications
- Prepare racing silks for graphics on photoshop
- Build name straps, information, and the overnight caption graphics
- Ingest and playout EVS, produce playlists / overnight loops, clip up interviews, play-out replays
- Liaison with data suppliers (Press Association, 2DB) re supply of race data.
- Mix live sound during live broadcast hours from various mics, replay servers, OS’s, TBU’s, etc
- Ensure all incoming audio feeds are suitable for broadcast, highlighting any issues to the engineering and production teams
- Assist with studio floor management; escorting guests to / from studio, assisting with maintaining and fitting guest mics / ear pieces, adjusting studio cameras as necessary.
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled technical operations role or specific experience in at least one field of technical operation. – Proven track record of achievement
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritise a daily workload, and to meet deadlines both individually and as part of a team
- The role is shift-based and will involve unsociable hours and weekend work so flexibility with working hours is required
- An interest/understanding of horse racing & betting
- Strong IT skills
- Previous experience of working on a live sports broadcast an advantage
- Knowledge / experience of the Chyron graphics system an advantage
- Knowledge of tapeless production workflows
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com