An award-winning global advocacy membership organisation supporting gender diversity across the media technology sector.
Rise is an award-winning global advocacy membership organisation, supporting gender diversity across the media technology sector.
Our goal is to achieve a diverse and gender balanced workforce across the broadcast media and entertainment technology sector, specifically within the areas of engineering, technical operations, sales, marketing and business.
We open up opportunities for women by:
- Delivering our award-winning annual mentoring programme in the UK, Europe, NorthAmerica and across the APAC and ANZ regions;
- Celebrating the skills and achievements of brilliant women across the industry throughour annual Rise Awards;
- Providing free membership (to all genders) with access to regular networking events,seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Inspiring, educating, informing the next generation of talentThose who benefit from joining Rise will be working in non-craft roles for broadcast manufacturers, service providers and broadcasters.
About The Role
The Managing Director of Rise will lead the organisation’s activities that are at the core of Rise and its heritage; and will be ultimately responsible for advocating gender diversity across the media technology sector on a global basis.
With an in-depth understanding on how the lack of gender representation impacts the industry, the Managing Director of Rise, will provide the leadership and direction necessary to create an environment that motivates bright and technically diverse individuals. The MD will deliver innovative programs, events, and materials in a wide range of international settings. Crucially being the ‘face of Rise’, which will involve speaking on panels, giving keynote speeches, and offering advice on issues of Diversity & Inclusion to C-Level individuals in high profile organisations and start-ups alike.
The MD will regularly attend tradeshows, such as NAB and IBC, which will form an essential part of this role. Alongside the running, developing, and attending of industry events, to both increase the footprint of Rise, elevate the organisation’s status, and provide settings in which core issues surrounding D&I can be addressed, whilst offering opportunities to members. Such opportunities include overseeing the Rise Mentoring Programme, Strive to Rise, Awards and Rise Events.
A key part of this role will involve global stakeholder management and working closely with the sponsors that enable and underpin all the work that Rise does. Maintaining close communication, full transparency and strong relationships with these individuals is vital, alongside selling sponsorship for Rise and managing both regional and global budgets. Furthermore, the MD will oversee the three different chapters across North America, APAC and Europe, and will be responsible for ensuring that each chapter’s growth is successful. Alongside this, they will be managing the chairs for each region, who will report into the MD directly. Consequently, this person will manage a varied staff team, including a full-time employee and a range of consultants based internationally.
Social media presence and brand representation is a fundamental part of this role and is essential to the growth of Rise. Taking responsibility for social media management, and using these platforms to communicate new initiatives, launches and industry insights with regards to D&I in the broadcast media industry will play a fundamental part of daily tasks.
This opportunity has arisen due to the organic growth and development Rise has seen over the last few years. The continued expansion, driven by the acute need to support gender diversity in the media technology sector demonstrates the high regard Rise is held in throughout the broadcasting ecosystem. Rise has a wide reach, initially established in the UK, there are now chapters across Europe, North America, and APAC, with growing mentoring programs, Awards, Strive to Rise, and ongoing training. Excitingly the Rise Up Academy is about to transition to become a Charity, meaning that Rise can make sure this vital work continues in schools to inspire future generations of talent. Rise is an exceptional, dynamic, passionate, and fun group of people. Taking pride in making long term changes throughout the media technology sector, Rise empowers individuals across the globe, inspiring the leaders of tomorrow.
Benefits and Opportunities
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the growth of a pioneering organisation, who has become the first choice of diversity groups
- You will get to work with the Market Leader in diversity for the media technology sector and influence how to shape the next stage of the organisation’s development
- Furthermore, you will have the chance to make a real change and impact on organisations, the industry and on individuals’ lives
To be successful you’ll need to have…
- Previous experience thriving at a Managing Director level or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the media technology sector and the understanding on how the lack of gender representation impacts the industry
- A thorough understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the passion to increase awareness and make a difference within these areas
- A history of both successful stakeholder management and team management is essential
- Possess strong financial acumen and have successful experience in managing a full P&L
- Highly collaborative, be a team builder, team player and a team leader, who is passionate about continuously developing the team and organisation and bringing individuals together to create change
- A highly creative and pioneering mindset, be somebody who can generate ground-breaking ideas, create new ways to move Rise forwards to the next level and establish fresh innovative ways to tackle gender diversity throughout the media technology sector
- Possess a strong appetite to learn, and the personal drive plus enthusiasm to drive a big, bold vision for what is possible, then execute it, to deliver the desired outcomes
- The ability to plan and implement a 3-year strategy
- A well-established social media presence and the understanding of social media’s rolewhen it comes to promoting DE&I
- Previous experience with planning, organising, and hosting industry events, as well as being comfortable speaking at them
- Demonstrate superb organisational, administrative, persuasive, and communication skills with both commercial, technical, senior, and junior individuals, stakeholders, sponsors and industry leaders
- The aptitude to thrive with a varied and dynamic workload
- The ability to travel internationally, 2 – 3 times a year
- This role will be fully remote, with a working from home (WFH) policy, consequently candidates can be based anywhere in the UK
- There will be an element of international travel with this role, to tradeshows, and industry events. As such, working hours will not be the traditional 9-5. There will be requirements for individuals to work evenings when events occur, but also the flexibility to work around family commitments
- Salary: £60,000 total package + expenses
- The Managing Director will report into Carrie Wootten and Sadie Groom
- Ideal start date: March 2023
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV to Tegan Valeny at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com