Website BASE MEDIA CLOUD LIMITED
Managed cloud services provider
base is seeking an enthusiastic, technically skilled, logical thinker with fantastic client-facing communication skills, to join our rapidly growing team as a Media Applications Specialist.
In this role, you will become an expert in all our media-focused Software-as-a-Service products and integrated solutions, providing a fantastic foundation for your future career.
You will use your existing knowledge and passion for file-based digital media workflow tools to help our broad range of media clients in their journeys to the cloud.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone early in their career who wishes to be part of a fast-moving, high-growth company with a modern, inclusive culture, that provides professional training, rapid career progression and opportunities to get your hands on the latest technology in the media and cloud market, before the competition.
Following detailed in-house and vendor partner training, you will represent our brand, conducting demos, user training, user support and platform testing for our range of global media clients operating across film, broadcast, sports, online video, gaming, luxury brands and more.
Location: London, UK / Hybrid
Salary: £25,000 > £35,000 PA (depending on experience)
Package / Benefits:
By joining our team you will benefit from:
· Professional Training (gain recognised product and technology training and certification including with Adobe)
· EMI Share Options Package (earn equity in the company)
· Pension Scheme (we match your pension contributions at 5% every month)
· Staff Savings Benefits Scheme (save money on your living costs with our Sodexo scheme)
Skills and Attributes:
We are looking for:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Detail oriented and strong at documentation (eg: producing user guides)
· Experience working in the media or technology industry in a similar customer-facing position, or qualifying in a related media or technology subject
· Detailed knowledge of media formats, media workflows (MAM) and post-production
· Experience with the following would be advantageous (detailed training will be provided to all new starters):
o Adobe products eg: Premiere Pro / Creative Cloud
o Media Asset Management systems
o Remote Desktop solutions
o Transcoding solutions
o File transfer solutions eg: Signiant, Aspera, Resilio, Lucid Link
o Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions
o Cloud storage
· Additional beneficial experience includes:
o Linux BASH/Command Line
o Public Cloud back-end experience with AWS or similar
Day-to-day your role and responsibilities will include:
· 1st Line Technical / Customer Services Support – handling inbound support tickets via Jira online ticket desk
1ST LINE SUPPORT SUBTASKS
o As a 1ST line support representative, you will be trained in and then responsible for technical issue triage. Low impact issues are to be escalated to the 2nd line Engineering team. High impact issues are to be escalated to our 3rd line Engineering team.
o Daily monitoring and checking on all software platforms to pro-actively identify issues (examples include: checking Resilio sync jobs statuses, ensuring all products are online and functioning as normal, checking Iconik jobs queues).
o Hourly monitoring of JIRA support desk to respond to all in-bound support tickets from customers with ‘initial response’. If an issue can be resolved quickly at a software or user workflow advice level, your responsibility is to assist customer directly. If issue is a technical platform error, your responsibility is to triage then escalate to the appropriate base Engineering team.
o Providing workflow advice and ongoing training to customer end users, to ensure optimised use of the base service portfolio. This should include pro-actively contacting customers when new features or workflows are available to offer and provide walk-throughs for their users. This includes ALL base SaaS products, including: Aspera on Cloud, Signiant Media Shuttle, Resilio, BeBop (with Adobe), Iconik MAM, LucidLink, Veritone Digital Media Hub, Veritone AI Ware, WIN Toolset and all future products we launch (which may change from time-to-time).
o Perform detailed software and workflow testing for new products, including in-house developed plugins and integrations. Writing and maintaining test plan reports and working with in-house engineers and 3rd-party vendor teams to feedback test results and track / record remediations.
· Product and workflow demonstrations to support the sales team in customer-facing pitches (typically via Microsoft Teams video call). This includes demos of ALL base SaaS products, including: Aspera on Cloud, Signiant Media Shuttle, Resilio, BeBop (with Adobe), Iconik MAM, LucidLink, Veritone Digital Media Hub, Veritone AI Ware, WIN Toolset and all future products we launch (which may change from time-to-time).
· Providing workflow advice and ongoing training to our end users, to ensure optimised use of the base service portfolio. This should include pro-actively contacting customers when new features or workflows are available to offer and provide walk-throughs for their users (in collaboration with the assigned Account Manager).
· Working with our technical vendor partners, including: Adobe, IBM Cloud, Aspera, Signiant, Resilio, Iconik, LucidLink, Veritone, BeBop, Teradici, Okta, WIN Toolset and more, to report and manage bugs and fixes, feedback customer feature requests and ensure new features and software releases are managed and tracked appropriately.
· Create How To Guides / Wiki articles for all products and services, both for internal-facing deployment documentation, as well as customer-facing knowledge base articles.
· Perform detailed software and workflow testing for new products, including in-house developed plugins and integrations. Writing and maintaining test plan reports and working with in-house engineers and 3rd-party vendor teams to feedback test results and track / record remediations.
· Continuous products training, workflow design and testing – to become an expert in all base Software-as-a-Service products and workflows.
base is on a mission to democratise cloud services for all businesses that work with digital media files.
base centralises vast digital media libraries into one, removing the confusion and complexity of multiple clouds and software tools. Working with base businesses can manage, collaborate and deliver global projects cost-effectively.
base provides solutions to store, process, manage, create and deliver large-scale digital media content online, from anywhere. base experts identify and implement a variety of solutions, including both hybrid and full-cloud workflows. base provides award-winning cloud services to a range of clients across multiple industries, including global online video brands like LadBIBLE Group, cutting-edge sports such as EXTREME E and prestigious film and broadcast studios including Twickenham Film Studios and Narrative Entertainment.
The culture at base is a core aspect of the business. The following values underpin the day-to-day working culture at the company:
· We are brave
· We are ambitious
· We are honest
· We are empathetic
· We are entrepreneurs
Please send your resume along with a detailed cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org