Website AE Live
Broadcast sports graphics
AE Live is a global leader in providing data-rich sports graphics to Tier 1 broadcasters on some of the world’s biggest sporting events. Covering global events like FIFA World Cup, ICC Cricket World Cup, and Rugby World Cup as well as thousands of hours of sport every year across 5 continents, our services are watched by billions of people. We constantly strive to enhance and innovate and are targeting significant growth, so we are looking to grow and enhance the teams accordingly.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer so actively encourage a wide variety of diverse and qualified applicants.
We are looking for a Stores Technician to work within our Engineering team to handle a number of day to day tasks ensuring a range of our technical facilities are maintained and kept in good condition and either fix or inform the engineering team of any potential issues.
A certain amount of driving of equipment may also be required on an ad-hoc basis.
The work schedule may involve some weekends or evenings, so flexibility is essential.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and a willingness to learn new skills. No previous experience is necessary as training will be provided but good hands-on skills are required
- Check and ensure our cable looms are maintained to a good standard, repairing or replacing as necessary
- Perform basic checks to the Outside Broadcast vans when they return to base
- Basic functional tests of certain equipment
- Keep the engineering areas and equipment in a good state of tidiness
- Assist with the movement of equipment around the building
- Running and installing cables around the building
- Terminating certain cable types with appropriate connectors
- Delivery/collection of kit as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- Good written and spoken English
- Basic computer literacy
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Ability to solder and terminate various connectors (RJ45, BNC, XLR, etc)
- Knowledge of/interest in sports and/or IT technologies
This job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. The role may change from time to time in line with business requirements.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have an eye for detail and well organised
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Practically minded and “hands-on”
- Have a Full UK driving licence
- Comply with all AE company policies
- Be prepared to work on the road as required
- Always represent AE in a professional manner, ensuring appropriate dress code and professional conduct, be that at an OB, or within the office environment.
- Always show respect for your work colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Comply with company policies, e.g. mobile phone and motor policies, employment policies such as observing core work hours, leave entitlements, and expense policies.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements both at OBs and at the AE Campus
- Respect the company equipment and report any technical issues or damage to the appropriate team in the office.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org