Website AE Live
Broadcast sports graphics
AE Live is a global leader in providing data-rich sports graphics to Tier 1 broadcasters on some of the world’s biggest sporting events. Covering global events like FIFA World Cup, ICC Cricket World Cup, and Rugby World Cup as well as thousands of hours of sport every year across 5 continents, our services are watched by billions of people. We constantly strive to enhance and innovate and are targeting significant growth, so we are looking to grow and enhance the teams accordingly.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer so actively encourage a wide variety of diverse and qualified applicants.
We are looking for a Broadcast Technician to work within our Engineering team to support and maintain our broadcast graphics systems. The role will be a mix of both on-base and on-site technical support and you will be the first line of technical support on live, world-class sporting events.
The work schedule will be according to the sporting calendar so will involve weekends, evenings and international travel, so flexibility is essential.
You will also be required to provide technical support to our growing centralised graphic operation based in our Hemel Hempstead facility which may involve shift work.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, with a sound technical knowledge and a drive to learn.
- Provide on location support for live events, including weekends and evenings as rostered
- Operational and first line maintenance of office equipment, broadcast equipment, OB vans, fly-away kits and external installations
- Routine preventative maintenance, repair, assembly and configuration of a range of hardware systems
- Involvement in implementation, development and support of AE remote working environments
Head of Engineering, Engineering Team, IT Manager, Global Assets and Policy Control Manager, Project Managers, Operations Manager, Graphics Operators
Qualifications & Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Competent understanding of IT and networking hardware and terminology
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to solder and terminate various connectors (RJ45, BNC, XLR, etc)
- Knowledge of/interest in sports and/or IT technologies
- Experience working in live broadcast production environments
- Knowledge of video routers, keyers, sound, talkback, data and monitoring systems
This job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. The role may change from time to time in line with business requirements.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a keen eye for detail and a strong command of the English language (spelling & grammar)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be organised, punctual and have an exceptional level of concentration
- Be able to handle high pressure situations
- Have a Full UK driving licence
- Comply with all AE company policies
- Be prepared to work on the road as required
- At least 18 months experience within a live broadcast environment, preferably sports.
- Always represent AE in a professional manner, ensuring appropriate dress code and professional conduct, be that at an OB, or within the office environment.
- Always show respect for your work colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Comply with company policies, e.g. mobile phone and motor policies, employment policies such as observing core work hours, leave entitlements, and expense policies.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements both at OBs and at the AE Campus
- Respect the company equipment and report any technical issues or damage to the appropriate team in the office.
- Timely submission of your credit card and petty cash claim forms.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org