Date(s): January 16, 2023
Time: 18:00 - 20:00
Categories No Categories
This online event is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about exciting and rapidly-evolving fields of new media including CGI and music; two niche areas that can enhance the skillsets of those working in the media/broadcast technology industry.
During the event, you will have the chance to hear from a diverse panel of experienced professionals working in the industry. These talented women will share their stories, insights, and advice on how to succeed in a career in CGI and audio, as well as how to navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with working in new media.
Attendees will also have the chance to participate in interactive workshops and possible networking activities post-event, making this a great opportunity to build new skills, make connections, and get a better understanding of these diverse career paths.
Although it’s free to attend, places are limited, so we recommend early booking. It’s quick and easy to reserve your place – simply click here to register
Zubaida Nila – Unreal Women Creator Fellow | Epic Games
Zubaida is an avid academic researcher in Virtual Production and Visual Effects. She has a strong background of leading and collaborating with creative industry professionals. Her CGI skills in lighting and cinematics with the evolving features of Unreal 5 tells fascinating stories. She loves running tech workshops, making new friends and creating memes off desk.
Prisca Leong – Music Composer | Two AM Music Global
Prisca is passionate about telling stories through music. With her vast Piano performance experience she puts out a one-of-a-kind liveliness in her scores that takes her storytelling to new heights. When she’s not in the studio, she’s probably watching Friends or spending time with the people she loves!
Lau Shir Li – Sound Designer | Two AM Music Global
Shir Li’s passion is to capture what’s in your heart with sound!
With over 14 years of experience, this passionate female sound designer loves exploring new horizons to bring her skills, work ethics and personality to greater heights.. She is dedicated to give her clients the best experience & always strives to keep everyone comfortable with her bubbly but warm personality.
Who should attend
This event is open to everyone (from all genders) who have a passion for learning new skills, inlcuding:
- experienced professionals looking to expand your skills diving into real-time technology in general
- new entrants, or those aspiring to work in new media and looking to take your first steps into learning Unreal Engine.
- individuals who are passionate about their craft and are looking to build new skills and knowledge in their field of films, creative media and broadcast.
- musicians or an enthusiasts looking to branch out into audio design or a creative professional interested in learning more about music composition.
- a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact
- a 3 hour, hands-on beginners session from EFXCO on an Introduction to Unreal Engine 5, including a participation certificate from Unreal authorised training centre (EFXCO)