Date(s): September 21, 2022
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
Board Room, Channel 4
A free training session exclusive to Rise members. Join us and Birdsoup from 10am-12pm (BST) on 21 September in London to learn more about what resilience is & practical advice for how to develop resilience to help your career to thrive.
Although it’s free to attend, places are limited, so we recommend early booking. It’s quick and easy to reserve your place – simply click here to register
If you aren’t already a Rise member, you can still attend! Simply join as a member when registering for this session by following the registration link above.
Developing a female leadership pipeline is still a challenge for many organisations. The Rise Women in Leadership Report highlighted the low levels of women in senior leadership positions within the broadcast industry, with little change since 2000. This is something that needs to be challenged – and providing support to existing and future women leaders plays an integral part in facilitating change.
We know that women need different support to navigate the transition into leadership, and all too often training is only accessed when people are in leadership positions, which can be too late!
Delivered by leading women’s careers consultancy, Birdsoup, in this interactive and thought-provoking session, you will learn more about:
- What leadership is, and how is it different from managing a team or project.
- Different leadership styles.
- The essential elements of leadership; identifying what you already have and what you need to build to become an effective leader.
Who should attend
This session is designed for:
- Emerging women leaders or those taking on a new leadership role.
- Women taking on more responsibility or leading a project for the first time.
- New leaders dealing with challenges or simply needing a refresher on tips for leading.
About the Rise Training Programme 2022
Running throughout 2022, the Rise Training Programme is designed to offer practical support, advice and guidance to women at all stages of their careers, their allies and organisations from across the media technology sectors.
These sessions are free and exclusively available for Rise members. By attending, you will gain insights into key development areas ,to super-charge your career progression and help you to develop strategies to improve your, and your colleagues’ workplace wellbeing.
Other training sessions in this series include:
- What’s imposter syndrome really about?| 17 May 2022, 10:00-12:00 (BST) | Jigsaw24, London
- Finding your voice: practical tips for confident public speaking | 7 June 2022, 15:00-17:00 (BST) followed by a networking reception | ITV, London
- Building career resilience | 12 July 2022, 16:00-17:30 (BST) | Online
- Introduction to leadership | 21 September 2022, 10:00-13:00 (BST) | Venue TBC
- Why you need to get serious about the menopause | October – Time and date TBC | Online
- Enhancing performance through stakeholder management | 8 November 2022, 09:00-10:30 (GMT) | Online
Find out more and sign up by visiting our events section