Nominees shortlisted for the Rise Awards 2020
Congratulations to all the nominees shortlisted for the Rise Awards. The awards ceremony will be held virtually as part of the DPP Tech Leaders’ Summit on Tuesday 17 November at 18:45 (GMT).
The shortlist includes:
The Business Award, sponsored by Adobe, recognises the achievements of a woman running a business within the broadcast industry (either manufacturer or service provider), for example, a CEO, Managing Director, COO, or business owner. Our shortlisted nominees all demonstrate excellent business acumen, outstanding leadership whilst achieving remarkable business growth.
- Paola Hobson, Managing Director, InSync Technology
- Soraya Robertson, Commercial Director, TheCollectv
- Lindsey Stewart, CEO & Co-Founder, Stringr
The Engineer Award, sponsored by OWNZONES Entertainment Technologies, recognises a dynamic and innovative engineer, who represents the very best of our broadcasting profession. She is a high achiever, a problem solver and a team player. She should be an inspiration to her colleagues, the wider profession and also inspire others to follow in her footsteps
- Janet Law, Senior Production Technician, Calrec
- Yulia Rozmarin, R&D Project Manager, Live U
- Abigail Seager, Senior Systems Engineer, BBC News
This award, sponsored by Annex Pro, commends an outstanding woman who is working in a marketing or PR role in the industry; either in-house or for an agency or as a freelancer. All our shortlisted nominees have demonstrated a desire to learn and innovate, as well as being a strategic-thinkers who consistently show astuteness, professionalism and creativity.
- Ana Escauriaza, Senior Field Marketing Specialist, Avid
- Julia Heighton, Marketing Manager, Media Production & Technology Show
- Donnelle Koselka, Lead, Employee & Crisis Communications, Avid
- Laura Light, Marketing Manager, Object Matrix
Product Innovation Award
The Product Innovation Award, sponsored by Clear-Com, will recognise the importance of revolution and invention for the broadcasting sector today and for the future. Fulfilling either a product development and/or product management role, this nominee will have led or contributed significantly to a product where the outcome was both engaging and empowering, as well as making a difference by creating tangible benefits to the industry.
- Tove Bonander, Strategic Product Manager, Red Bee Media
- Kate Dimbleby, Co-Founder & COO, Stornaway
- Hannah Loughlin, Lead Product Designer, Avid
- Lindsay Stewart, CEO, Stringr
Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award, sponsored by EditShare, recognises women who are industry newcomers, with four years or less industry experience, but who are considered as stand-out performers, innovators and emerging leaders in the broadcast & media industry. Nominees have demonstrated exceptional and ongoing achievements and have made significant and demonstrable contributions to their business.
- Sophia Hazari, Transmission Lead, Discovery
- Gabriella Luck, Trainee Technical Support Engineer (ITV News), ITV Tyne Tees & Border
- Sarah Thorp, Project Manager (Test), Red Bee Media
The Sales Award, sponsored by Telstra, celebrates excellence in sales; from great sales performance, showing initiative and creativity, as well as maintaining great customer relationships. Shortlisted nominees all excel in a sales role in the broadcast industry working, either for a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher or trade show.
- Eunice Park, VP, Global Sales & Revenue, Zixi
- Paloma Santucci, Regional Director, LATAM, Accedo
- Kathleen Skinski, General Manager, Broadcast and Media, Planar Systems
Technical Operations Award
The Technical Operations Award, sponsored by Ross Video, celebrates a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference, whether it’s delivering outstanding client service on a particular project or service line, resolving a difficult problem or supporting a colleague or client to help achieve this.
- Fiona Burton, Head of Post Production and Engineering EMEA, A+E Networks
- Kerry Shreeve, VP of Technology Operations, Discovery
- Fiona Simons, VP, Production Operations, Discovery
Woman of the Year Award
This special award, sponsored by Zixi, will be chosen by the Rise Advisory Board. It will celebrate an extraordinary and inspirational woman who has made a significant contribution within her field. The winner will be announced at the virtual awards reception.